Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Introducing SalaMandy

A couple of weeks ago our friend Anne brought over a salamander that she found in her garden. It was a huge hit with the kids and myself. He was so cute. I have never saw a Salamander this size around here before. But after googling , It is a "Spotted Salamander" native to this neck of the woods. Hardly visible because they usually only come out from underground at night to hunt for snails and worms.



We made him a home in an fishtank. He loved to hind right under the mulch.
He had shiny , like wet rubber, skin with bright yellow dots. Preston named him Salamandy maybe after his Mom...hehehehehehe.

We have sinced turned him loose so he can return to his family since they are probally missing him by now.

4 comments:

Katrina Holmes (Tina) said...

That is too cute. I remember Kenny coming home with salamander, frogs snakes and such like!

Anonymous said...

Just like his mommy love bugs and things lol i miss him can't wait untill chrismass : )

Lisa said...

ohh my goodness...a Salamander. I remember seeing one once...under a towel that had been left outside and had gotten wet. I remember picking the towel up seeing the salamander and screaming and running. More because it scared because it was there..and I hadn't expected it. From that day on tho, I pick up towels and such that have been left outside very carefully incase there are any surprises underneath! lol

jen said...

i didn't mind this sort of stuff when i was young, but now it sort of gives me the heebie jeebies...plus it sort of makes me sad, i'm glad you let him go back to his family.